- What is an adult care/foster home?
- Do you have a Medicaid contract?
- Do you accept resident's who wander at night or those with behavioral problems?
- Do you provide for special diets or various food consistencies?
- What is included in the basic monthly cost?
- How is the monthly cost determined beyond the basic monthly rate?
- Why Parkside ACH?
Do you accept resident's who wander at night or those with behavioral problems?
That depends. Often, ”behavioral problems” are a result of unattended needs, pain, fear, anxiety, under/over medication or confusion due to infection or a disease process. Sometimes just a comfortable, quiet setting where a person feels safe and secure is enough to resolve an issue.
If that’s the case and we determine that a behavioral issue can be addressed, then we are willing to take on a challenge. However, we do like to sleep at night, between our scheduled turns for those with limited night needs, so someone who just will not fit into a reasonable sleep/wake routine will not be admitted.